Festinema Junior 2017: a nationwide French film festival and educational program designed for children and adolescents, created by the Alliance Francaise network in the US and The Alliance Française network of French-speaking cultural centers presents the 4th annual Festinema Junior, a national French film festival and educational outreach program for children and adolescents. This unique opportunity offers students of all ages and socioeconomic status to expand their international horizons through cinema and culture. The Festinema Junior program has four goals across the United States:
1. Introduce young audiences to world cinema and international cultures.
2. Integrate film as a teaching tool in the classroom.
3. Offer children of all backgrounds, status and origins an opportunity to see a foreign language film in a theater.
4. Teach young people to think critically in their film analysis.
All the screenings scheduled are entirely FREE for the participating schools and the Alliance Francaise network provides them with educational portfolios for each film, which include pre-screening and post-screening activities.
This year, the Alliance Française de Denver is leading the organizational efforts of Festinema Junior. Across the country, 15 chapters and a projected 8,000 students will participate in the festival.
The Institut Français, the Fondation Alliance Française, the French Cultural Services of the Embassy of France, the Délégation Générale of the Alliance Française in the US, TV5 Monde, Kids Trail are the main sponsors of this Festival.
AND DON’T FORGET TO FOLLOW THIS EVENT ON FACEBOOK BY CLICKING HERE!
A BIG “THANK YOU” TO ALL OUR SPONSORS AND PARTNERS WITHOUT WHOM THIS FESTIVAL COULDN’T EXIST!
MOVIES SELECTED FOR FESTINEMA JUNIOR 2017:
Festinema Junior’s Calendar across the US:
– 6-17 March in Denver
– 13-14 March in Detroit
– 13-17 March in Puerto Rico
– 14-17 March in Minneapolis/St Paul
– 15-16 March in Seattle
– 19 March-7 April in Westchester
– 20-21 March in San Diego
– 20-24 March in Philadelphia
– 20-24 March in Pasadena
– 27-30 March in Buffalo
– 25-26 March in El Paso
– 27 March-6 April in New Orleans
– 29 March in Dallas
– 23 March-7April in Indianapolis
– TBA in Boston